25.1.11


1/22/11 Today we tried to make it to Avery Island, home to Tabasco sauce but we were blocked by a stubborn tug boat driver. I assume he thought we would just get in his way. I've got a little stubborn streak in me too so I tried to navigate around him and ended up running aground. We got off in less than a minute but it reminded me that we are often miles from civilization and there's no use taking chances. It's a long walk with alligators for company. Anyway we went up the bayou an hour further and found a dock in Delcambre, LA. Well, barely a dock. The locals pointed to it and we tied up there. No one came around asking for money so we assume it was the free city dock mentioned in our cruising guide. We didn't even go ashore.

No comments:

Post a Comment