6.5.11
4/21/11 - 4/23/11 Good Thursday (the one before Good Friday) brought us to Wrightsville Beach, NC. named, I assume, after the local historic celebrities Orville and Wilbur. It was a great anchorage! The nearby inlet to the sea made the water refreshingly clear after the river water we had spent weeks in and I was able to pirate wifi from one of the nearby residences. It was so pleasant in fact that we decided to spend three nights there. We are chasing the cool temperatures up the east coast as the spring wanes but it is warm enough to take a brisk swim. The water tastes saltier than I remember. Three days is about the limit of how long we can stay at anchor without starting the engines or the generator because of the drain on the batteries. The refrigerator is the major consumer. We expect to be underway on Easter Sunday so Lace made us Easter Saturday supper with baked ham, potato salad, corn bread and cake for dessert. Life is not too bad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment